As you guys know, about nine months ago I became single after three years of being in a relationship. Since that time I’ve been on plenty of dates, few of which have gone well but that’s okay because I’ve learned a lot not only about dating but about myself and what I’m looking for.
At the young age of 22 I’m looking for my life partner. I’m dating to find the one, and if I’ve learned nothing else the past nine months, I’ve learned that I’m not the only one. So why am I still single if there are plenty of guys out there looking for the same thing?
For some odd reason I get asked that a surprising amount of times each week and quite honestly, for the most part, it’s a choice. Guys (and girls) now days don’t take dating seriously. They want to play games with each others mind, heart, and soul, and quite honestly it drives me insane! I choose to stay single because I don’t want to deal with the games. I don’t want another part of my heart to get broken because I jumped in too soon, because I chose to be with someone I know I will not marry. To me, it seems like a waste of time.
Part of me believes that when I find the one I will know it, and part of me believes they will show up when I least expect it. I might even hate them at first but the thing is, love isn’t predictable. Only the big guy in the sky knows who is out there for me, when they will appear, and when I will know who they are, and that’s okay. That doesn’t mean stop dating all together because I could miss out on that person by being a hermit, but I do believe dating with caution is the best way to go.
Now days most people meet online, myself include, so here are a few rules I follow when online dating. Take them, or leave them, that is up to you! If you have rules of your own feel free to drop them in the comments below or head on over to the contact page to shoot me a message!
- At least 3 days of talking before meeting in person. (This helps weed out most of the weirdos/murderers!)
- Always meet in a public place the first time you meet someone.
- Always meet in daylight the first time you meet someone.
- When meeting for the first time, date or not, drive yourself. (This not only protects you but gives you a way out if things go south)
- If possible, let someone close to you know who you are meeting, when, where, and an estimated time you will be done.